The air fryer is a new and exciting appliance taking the world by storm in recent years. This revolutionary kitchen tool has made cooking healthier, faster, and more accessible than ever before. Whether you are planning for something to cook for yourself or your family, the air fryer is an appliance worth considering.
Once you have purchased the best air fryers from the market, the next through which will bother you will be the recipes. We will give you some easy recipes with which you can easily prepare tasty food with an air fryer. The cooking procedure in traditional stoves or ovens is quite different from how you are going to cook in the air fryers. It’s time to discover some exciting Indian recipes by using the Air fryer.
Indian Air Fryer Recipes
1. Kurkuri Bhindi or Indian style fried Okra
In order to prepare the fried Okhra, the following is the process
- Take a bowl and add cornflour, salt, chili powder, and turmeric.
- Add water to form a dough-like consistency.
- Cut the okra into small pieces (about an inch long or so).
- Roll each piece in the mixture of spices until it is covered all over with spice.
- Place oil in an air fryer skillet and set the temperature at 190 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
The bhindi will be browned crispier as they get done cooking from outside first, then inside. Later on, when the heat hits them more directly again after bouncing off its previous layer of skin that has already cooked hard enough to turn dark brown. Now it is ready completely while absorbing any remaining spice.
2. Malai Broccoli / Crispy Cheesy broccoli
One of the easiest varieties of recipes to make in an air fryer is Crispy Cheesy Broccoli. You must chop the broccoli into small florets and mix it with crushed garlic, salt, pepper powder, and a teaspoonful of butter.
The recipe also uses flour which helps crisp up the vegetables without using any oil or cooking spray. The steps are:
- Add water for consistency so that you can easily spread it across all your veggies evenly before placing them on an air frying tray.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top (you may use mozzarella, Parmesan or cheddar) and let bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until browned around 20 minutes.
Your delicious Crispy Cheesy broccoli is ready to serve.
3. Onion Pakoda
In order to make the traditional style Onion Pakoda, follow the below steps:
- Cut onions into small pieces and add either gram flour or maida. Mix some water to get a semi-dough-like consistency.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the onion slices before adding them into the basket of the machine; this will enhance their flavor.
- Add enough water so that it reaches halfway up inside of the porous dish or paper towel which is being used instead of using too much liquid,
This way, you can make a delicious onion pakoda with the help of the air fryer.
4. Air Fryer Samosa
Who doesn’t love an Indian samosa! It is always a yummy snack for all. Are you aware that the air fryer can make exactly the same samosa in an easy way? Here is the recipe for an air fryer Indian samosa.
- Preheat your air fryer and preheat a baking sheet in the oven at 350 F/175 C degrees, unless you use an air fryer with a nonstick surface.
- Add oil to coat the bottom of the pan when necessary.
- Take a store-bought frozen or refrigerated ready-made Indian samosa (preferably) from the freezer section and place them on the top of the prepared baking sheet. Also, make sure they do not touch each other during cooking time as this will result in unevenly cooked products.
- Cook them for 12 minutes by turning over midway through the cooking process while flipping once again after another five minutes.
- After removing them from the air fryer, let it cool to crispy perfection; they should have a golden brown appearance when done (approximately 15 more minutes).
5. Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori Chicken is one of the favorites of almost everyone. The Air Fryer can make it in a much easier way. Also, it will taste really delicious. Following is the recipe you can try
- First, prepare the tandoori spice mix by mixing together ginger powder, garlic powder, paprika, coriander powder, and salt.
- Next, rub it all over the chicken pieces to coat them well on both sides.
- Place these onto a plate or chopping board covered with kitchen paper and leave for 15 minutes before air frying in your Indian Air fryer at 180°C/350°F until cooked through.
Isn’t it an easy way to make the tandoori chicken? Try it in your newly purchased air fryer and enjoy the restaurant-style taste.
6. Spinach kebab
Spinach is one of the most healthy green leafy vegetables. You can now eat traditional kebab with spinach with an air fryer. Kebab is not just restricted to meat only, but now vegetables too can be used like this recipe for Spinach Kebab that uses Indian spices such as coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric
Ingredients you need are
– ½ cup boiled spinach leaves
– ¼ of onion chopped finely
– ¼ tsp red chili powder or to taste
– salt and pepper as per your preference.
How to prepare?
To make the batter, mix – ½ cup flour with water to a thin batter consistency. Add in spices from the ingredients mentioned above. Dip each strip of cooked spinach kebabs into the batter and air fry over medium heat for about one minute equally on both sides until browned evenly. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
People use air fryers because they cook food quickly and save on cooking oil. Air fryer recipes are available as a quick reference to help you make your favorite Indian dishes in the air fryer. Whether you believe it or not, the procedure will save your time and energy. Moreover, you will get healthier food than what is prepared with traditional way